I have 10 things I want you to start doing, and 10 habits for you to kick to the curb.
1. Experimenting with trends and color. Makeup isn't a tattoo! If you don't like it, wash it off and try another day! My favorite time to experiment with a new look isn't right before a big event. It's right before bed. You have to wash your face anyway so why not experiment.
2. Defining your brows. It will make a noticeable difference and make you look younger in the process. It gives you a more finished or polished look. You can define with powder, pencil, brow gels, or a combination of products.
3. Using a retinol or retinoid product. It's a vitamin A derived gel or cream that unclogs pores, boost collagen to reduce fine lines, and speed cell turnover to even out discoloration and smooth the skin. You will see a noticeable difference in the clarity, fine lines, and texture of your skin. Making applying your makeup in the morning so much easier!
4. Using an eye cream. The delicate skin around our eyes needs special attention. Properly repairing your eyes at night and then prepping them with moisture before you apply your concealer will make all the difference in your look! Skipping eye cream leaves your concealer to settle into lines around your eyes.
5. Incorporating SPF into your moisturizer or primer. Skip a step and sneak your SPF into a step you're already doing. A ton of Tinted moisturizers and BB creams have SPF already built in! Don't go a day without protecting your face! Sun spots and age spots are no fun to cover up!
6. Using waterproof mascara on your bottom lashes. I love using a tiny brush its perfect for the lower lashes. Accentuating lower lashes only makes your look more complete. Waterproof formulas will ensure you don't get raccoon eyes.
7. Washing your makeup brushes. Regularly. You can get brush cleaner/shampoo that is gentle so it doesn't ruin your brushes. Baby shampoo works really well too. After every use, run each brush back and forth over a damp wash cloth to get off left over makeup. Once a week fully clean them. Now watch the difference in your makeup applications! Dirty tools don't do what they are suppose to!
8. Enjoying your morning beauty routine! I like to put on my robe and slippers, sip my coffee, play music and check emails/social media while I do my makeup. It's my favorite part of the day. It's my morning ritual. Time for just me. I thoroughly enjoy it and I take my time on each step. Your makeup will look much better when you take your time and you enjoy doing it.
9. Exfoliating. This one is life changing! Your products can't work when they can't get through a layer of dead skin on your face. Get that stuff off! I love using a clarisonic cleansing brush with my cleanser. Then 2 times a week I use a very gritty exfoliator.
10. Start asking what you want to know. Always wanted to learn how to do a smoky eye? Ask a makeup artist to show you. Wondering how a friend always looks so put together? Ask her what product she's using. Curious about a new skincare product but afraid to try it on your skin? Ask for a sample.. You won't know until you try!
1. Thickly lining your bottom lash line. Placing too much emphasis on your lower lash line drags your eye down, making your eyes look smaller and making you look older. Outlining your entire eye in black liner should be reserved for smoky eye looks at night.
2. Wearing your blush too low. Wearing blush below your nose visually drags your cheeks down, making you look older and your cheeks saggier. Imagine a line below the end of your nose that connects to the end of your ears and try to keep blush above it.
3. Overlining your lips to make them appear larger. This never looks natural. If you want the appearance of fuller lips, use light-reflecting glosses, nude shades, and lip plumpers.
4. Using old school wedge sponges to apply your foundation. These soak up your foundation and hold bacteria. A foundation brush or your finger tips work so much better and you won't waste your product.
5. Lining only the outside of your lips with lip liner and doing so after lipstick. A fresher look: Outline your lip shape and fill the lips in entirely before applying lipstick. This way, when your lipstick wears away, you still have color underneath and not a ring around the mouth. Filling in also gives the lipstick something to which it can anchor.
6. Using bronzer all over the face to appear more tan. Malibu Barbie, there's a better way! If you use a bronzer, use a fluffy brush to lightly dust on the high points of your face. Otherwise, I use a matte cooler bronzer or darker powder to add shadow to contour areas only-under the cheekbones, at temples and hairline.
7. Smoking. This does nothing for you in the beauty department. Dull skin, wrinkles around your mouth and completely dehydrated skin, um no thanks!! Find support and kick this habit. Your face will thank you.
8. Tanning. You can still be a bronzed beauty without the harsh effects of natural sunlight or tanning beds. There are so many amazing tanning lotions and products out there. Also airbrush tanning has came a long way, can look really natural and fade away nicely. Keep burning your skin and you're going to look like a wrinkly old leather handbag that nobody wants to carry around. Harsh but so true!
9. Using one eye shadow brush for everything. No single brush can do it all. If you find your shadow never looks as blended and professional as you'd like, I bet you are relying on one brush to do it all. At the very least, you need a fluffy crease/blending brush and a flat angled contour brush.
10. Using a nude lip color. There are nude lip colors and then there are what I call "mouth-erasers." Your skin tone plays a big role here but almost every one would benefit from a little pink or peach in their nude lip color. Nudes are extremely difficult to wear. Proceed with caution.
As always, I hope I helped! Any of these Do's or Don't you want me to elaborate on or if you have different questions leave a comment below! I would love to help!
Thank you 2014 for bringing us socks with sandals, crazy high slits, and hats that you could hide a small child in.
As I'm getting uber excited for all the new Trends that are hitting now and this years upcoming seasons, I'm reflecting on the old trends, more specifically the ones i'm ready to let go of! Here are some trends that I'm ready to see get lost this coming season.
I too loved them dearly, until I realized I was neither
1) a warrior, nor 2) a princess.
LEGGINGS AS PANTS
No one needs to see that much of any other person. Think of it this way: What's comfortable to you is uncomfortable to everyone else.
Tip: If you seek comfort try rocking some black active leggings that have full coverage. They have more "hold" anyway and are much more flattering.
First it was Nicole Richie. Then Kelly Osbourne went lilac, too. And then so did everyone else. Let's leave the My Little Pony look in 2014, shall we?
EXCESSIVELY DESTROYED JEANS
If you need to put self-tanner on your legs to wear your jeans, they are no longer jeans. They are jean skeletons—and they need to be laid to rest.
I'm all for faking a fuller lip, but one can go overboard with the liner and lipstick. Tread lightly.
Let's leave this denim onesie where it belongs: On carpenters and babies.
#EyebrowsOnFleek became a thing, and so did the Instagram Brow. The IG brow has an ombre effect — it is meant to be more defined in the middle and at the end. I think we should just fill in our brows like normal, ladies, and save the special effects for photoshoots.
SOCKS WITH SANDALS
If we start taking fashion cues from hungover frat boys, we're probably headed toward a bleak future of white baseball hats, cargo shorts, and futons.
Sun-kissed hair looks great when done in a subtle manner. When hair is obviously two-toned, it looks like you've been lazy about getting your roots touched up.
As always I hope I helped!! Lets put these trends to rest and get excited about all the new Hot ones coming!!
Get obsessed with me! These new beauty products have me crazy obsessed and I just must share!
If that wasn't enough, after 8 weeks of use..
-Taps peptide technology to plump lips by an average of 13%-for lips that appear naturally fuller
-Smooths the look of fine lines by an average of 26%
or stop in and see me at my salon!
My next Beauty product obsession is the Luxury powder by Ben Nye. If you have oilyish skin or have problems with keeping a matte finish and are constantly blotting with rice paper and trying to touch up with powder, this product is sooo for you! It's life changing! seriously! I tap a little in the cap and then apply with a brush. It's like putting on a finishing top coat on your makeup! Also on really hummed and/or long days I can touch up with this powder and it doesn't make me look cakey like tradition powder does. I'm telling you... LIFE CHANGING!!
Order online at: http://www.amazon.com/Ben-Nye-Banana-Powder-3oz/dp/B00BDH26QA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1377805466&sr=8-3&keywords=ben+nye+luxury+powder
Next obsession is more of a tool than product but it's in the beauty category so roll with me here! No really roll with me, with the derma roller!! Ha! I get that a little rolley thing with needles all over it that you roll all over your face while pushing hard I might add) doesn't exactly scream, Hey this is a fun time! I assure you it's not for the weak. If it doesn't hurt, then you are not pushing hard enough or you don't have long enough needles for your skin thickness. I recommend starting at about 1mm length. It really is amazing though! It helps to restore collagen, softens fine lines, helps heal scars faster, and evens out skin texture. I recommend using a vitiman E & C serium after to help heal faster.
Buy online at: http://www.amazon.com/Needle-Roller-Therapy-Dermatology-System/dp/B004LUZ956/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377806945&sr=8-1&keywords=derma+roller
Last but not least!
The best brow gel ever, by Anastasia Beverly Hills. I have tried so many brow gels and I love how they hold my brows in place but they feel weird and crazy! This gel makes them stay soft and I don't feel it on my brows when I move them! I received this product in either my glossy box or ipsy glam bag, I can't remember! But I so love it! That is what's so great about the monthly beauty subscriptions! You get to try all these fun beauty products and sometimes you fall in love with the perfect product you have been missing! Love!!
By online at :
Happy trying new things out!
I hope I helped!!
Trending with Tressie